In business, you should track certain key metrics to help you measure if you are working efficiently. Understanding your business metrics can also help you understand if you are using your time and resources effectively. Below are a couple of areas you should be tracking when it comes to tracking your business metrics.
No Money, No Business
Is your website working for you?
- What social media networks or other conversion channels, e.g. email marketing, drive your website traffic?
- Check out the ‘acquisition area’ to find out what pages are visited from which source. Then the ‘behaviour area’ to understand which blogs or resources they visit? These are your prime pages for putting offers on.
- Again under the behaviour section, check what blogs are visited? Write more like these and less on the ones with no traction – it’s about using your time wisely.
- If you have multiple products/services, are certain ones getting higher website traffic than others? Again these could be the ones you need to focus your efforts on with regards to marketing. But also ensuring you convert as much of this interest as possible into sales.
Key Metrics For Social Media
- that people on that social network are interested in what you are sharing
- it gives you an idea of whether your efforts in that network are productive. As well as a reflection on whether your content strategy is working.