Responding to every single email can be very time-consuming. Especially if you have to deal with loads of emails every single day. Copy-pasting responses from other emails could work, however, this involves searching back and forth through your emails to get your previous responses. Luckily, email providers have now added the email templates features to provide a simple efficient solution to this problem. Plus the good news is they are absolutely free!
Creating email templates allow you to:-
- compose & reuse email messages,
- create automated responses to similar emails, and
- reduce the amount of time you would otherwise spend constructing every single email afresh.
Besides preparing templates for the body of the email, one can also:-
- build a bank of other resources such as frequently asked questions (FAQs),
- incorporate guides and videos into the email as responses to inquiries.
Using The Email Templates Feature In Gmail
Enable the Templates Feature
- Log into Gmail.
- Click the Settings Icon and select Settings.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- In the Templates section, select Enable.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.
Create and Insert a Template
- Click Compose in Gmail.
- Enter the email content in the compose window.
- Click on the 3 dots at the bottom-right of the compose window to get More Options.
- Select Templates and choose whether to Insert Template, Save draft as template or Delete template. You can either save a draft as a new template or overwrite an existing template.
- Once you have inserted the template, customize the content and click Send.
- In the search box at the top of your account, click the down arrow to your right.
- Enter your search criteria according to the email addresses, content, size, date, location or attachments.
- At the bottom, click Create filter.
- Gmail gives you a variety of options. You can select Send Template and choose the saved template you would like to automate from the dropdown box.
- Click Create filter.
Using The Email Templates Feature In Outlook
Create an Email Template in Outlook
- Go to the Home tab, click New E-mail to compose a new email. You can also press CTRL+SHIFT+M.
- Compose the content for the email content.
- In the message window, click on the File tab, and select Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, enter the name of your file, choose Outlook Template as the Save as type and click Save.
- Your email template will be saved in a default location, but you are free to change the location before clicking Save.
Insert and Send an Email Template
- Go to the Home tab, in the New Items drop-down menu, select More Items then Choose Form.
- In the Choose Form dialog box, under the Look In drop-down box, select User Templates in File System.
- Select your template in the default templates folder opened or click Browse to select templates saved in a different folder, then click Open.
- Customise the email and click send.
How To Make It Even Easier
You can get a virtual business manager/virtual assistant to set up your email templates for different responses to inquiries, FAQs, thank you messages, marketing among other frequent and repetitive emails in your business. This will save you lots of time and efficiently minimize the time you spend in your inbox.